Understanding Hayfever: Common Triggers and Symptoms in Children
Hayfever, also known as seasonal allergic rhinitis, can be a challenging condition for children to cope with. The itchy eyes, sneezing, and runny nose can disrupt their daily activities and overall well-being.
To help your child navigate through hayfever season, here are some common triggers, symptoms to watch out for, and five top tips for supporting your child:
Common Triggers of Hayfever
- Pollen from trees, grasses, and weeds
- Dust mites
- Animal dander
- Mould spores
- Air pollution and irritants
Symptoms of Hayfever in Children
- Runny or blocked nose
- Itchy or watery eyes
- Itchy throat or ears
Top 5 Tips for Supporting Your Child
- Keep an eye on pollen forecasts and limit outdoor activities during high pollen count days.
- Encourage your child to wear sunglasses to protect their eyes from pollen.
- Regularly clean and vacuum your home to reduce dust mites and allergens.
- Avoid exposure to tobacco smoke and other irritants that can worsen hayfever symptoms.
- Try using Baba West Snuffle Pillow Spray, a specialised product enriched with essential oils like Eucalyptus, Pine, and Thyme. Its anti-viral and antibacterial properties help relieve blocked and runny noses, promoting a comfortable sleep environment for your child.
By understanding the common triggers, recognising the symptoms, and implementing these top tips, you can provide the necessary support for your child's hayfever management. Remember, a little extra care and the right tools, such as Baba West Snuffle Pillow Spray, can go a long way in ensuring your child's comfort during hayfever season.